Deuteronomy 2:36 (NIV)
36 From Aroer on the rim of the Arnon Gorge, and from the town in the gorge, even as far as Gilead, not one town was too strong for us. The LORD our God gave us all of them.
Is there any city too hard for God? Any state too far gone for God to restore? Any life too far gone for God to redeem? The answer to all of these questions is, “Not one!”
Four weeks from today we will begin our Crosswalk through the streets of Chicago. It is our desire to carry a cross as we pray through the streets of Chicago from May 14-May 28.
This idea was birthed as a result of preaching through Jonah this past summer. When I finished the book of Jonah God planted a thought in my brain, “If the preaching of a rebellious prophet who only offered the city judgment to come brought an entire city to repentance what could God to with a handful of his people whose heart he had broken for the city of Chicago? What would happen if, as they went through the streets praying for God’s SPirit to fall on the millions that live in Chicago if they at the same time held out the hope of the Gospel of Christ as they passed by city parks and places where lots of people often gather?
We are int he midst of planning our route through the city of Chicago and securing churches that will open their facilities for us to hold evening prayer gathering each night as we make our way through the streets of Chicago.
Pray that God would provide all the necessary details for this great adventure to be accomplished.
!. We need fourteen churches along our route to open up their facilities for prayer gatherings and to allow our Crosswalk team to sleep each night.
2. For resources to cover our expenses while in Chicago. Fodo for each day and people to transport our luggage and materials from church to church while we are int he city.
3. For believers to join with us all over the state to cry out to God for this great city of Chicago. If God sent awakening to Chicago that would be news the whole world would hear.
4. For the health of those making the Crosswalk to allow them to finish.
5. For divine appointments with those who are searching for Christ.
6. For favor with the city officials
7. For the name of Christ to be made famous in the city of Chicago.
Praying for the Lord of the Cities to rain on us,
P.S. Please respond to this e-mail to let us know if you will stand with us as we pray our way through the streets of Chicago.